- Today is the general election and polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Go here to find a polling place.
- "Wild, Natural Gardens," watercolors by Irvington resident Betsy Leitzes, opens today in the Irvington Library’s Martucci Gallery. An opening reception will be held on Saturday, Nov. 9, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. All are welcome to meet the artist and view the exhibit,which will be on display until Nov. 30. Leitzes has exhibited during the RiverArts Studio Tours and at Sarah Lawrence College. She also teaches fine art workshops for Odyssey Art at Sea, on the Crystal Cruise Ships line.
- Little Radical Theatrics proudly announces auditions for its winter production of Ahrens and Flaherty's Once On This Island!. The production will be directed by Michael Mirra with musical direction by Shoshana Seid-Green, choreography by Erin Pryor and stage Management by Julia LaVerde. The performance will be produced by Fatima Viegas. All ethnicities are strongly encouraged to audition and open to all ages. Audition will be held today and Thursday, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.; and Saturday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.; at ArtsWestchester, located at 31 Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains. Go here for more details.
- Daylight light savings has come and gone, but clocks aren’t the only thing homeowners need to maintain. The state Office of Fire Prevention and Control reminds people to make sure their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are operational heading into winter.
- Do you like live opera? Hansel and Gretel is coming to the Hudson Valley. Check out details here on Purchase College's blog.