- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo directed that flags on state government buildings be flown at half-staff today in honor of the 61 men and women who lost their lives to Superstorm Sandy in New York. Governor Cuomo has also asked for a moment of silence at 8 p.m. tonight to mark the approximate time when the storm surge in New York City first began.
- Chef Dave DiBari is opening up his new restaurant, The Parlor, on Cedar St. in Dobbs Ferry today. Check here for a video clip offering a first look of the new venture.
- Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s announced Monday that the Town of Greenburgh has been assigned a bond rating of AAA. AAA is the highest rating and means the town will save close to $200,000 over the amortization period of the $13.8 million in debt it’s about to sell, according to Supervisor Paul Feiner. Read more about it here.
- The Westchester County Board of Elections will hold extended office hours until 8 p.m. tonight for those needing to obtain Absentee Ballots and Applications.
- The Pediatric Cancer Foundation is hosting its annual Give Hope Shop boutique at the Willow Ridge Country Club, located at 123 North St Harrison, NY . This fundraiser will feature over 30 vendors selling fine jewelry, home accessories, stationery, custom clothing, children's gifts and much more. Visit http://pcfweb.org/ for more information.
- Norton and Irene Jozefowicz, Principals of NFG College Funding Solutions, is hosting an informational session college financing at 7 p.m. today inside the Greenburgh Public Library. The session will cover topics such as maximizing aid eligibility, understanding expected family contribution, cost of attendance, FAFSA, and the CSS Profile. Registration required by calling 721-8224 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Greenburgh library is located at 300 Tarrytown Road in Elmsford.