1. Wednesday Night Jams: Duo Rik Mercaldi (guitar and vocals) and John Neidhart (bass and vocals) of “Barleyville” will share a mix of rock/pop and folk/blues with the Cedar Street Grill guests in Dobbs Ferry on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. Both are residents of Hastings-on-Hudson. See their Facebook page here. For more information, please contact Cedar Street Grill at 914-674-0706.
2. Hastings Field Talks: The Hastings-on-Hudson Board of Education will hold a regularly scheduled meeting Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 7 p.m. in the John J. Russell Lecture Room. Included on the agenda is a comment period related to the field facility project discussions from Jan. 4. Before that meeting, the district held a community forum in which dozens of residents attended in December.
This is the district's second attempt to get a referendum approved by its taxpayers, who soundly rejected an $8.6 million proposal on Oct. 22 with a 1,595 to 1,060 vote in Cochran gym. An exit polling showed that a million-dollar artificial turf resurfacing of the high school’s Reynolds Field was the main downfall of that proposal.
3. A day made for us: “Patchy fog,” says the National Weather Service. Keep up with all the news, subscribe to our newsletter!
4. When CAN you file your 2013 tax return? Find out here.
5. Sad Brew Year: Our New Year's Day story about the closing of Norm's, the venerable Brewster eatery, was the most-read story on Patch yesterday.