1. Hotel Tax in Dobbs Ferry? The Dobbs Ferry Board of Trustess will hold a regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday, Jan. 28 at 7:30 p.m. in village hall. Items on the agenda include a proclamation for the St. Christopher’s Marching Cobra’s upcoming Super Bowl performance and to consider a Home Rule request asking the State Legislature to adopt State Senate Bill No. S5785 and Assembly Bill No. 1234A which would allow each municipality to impose a 3 percent hotel/motel occupancy tax. For the full agenda, click here.
2. Hastings SEPTA Presents Lindamood-Bell Speaker: Cara Nemchek, Director of the Lindamood-Bell Learning Center in New York, will talk and lead an informative Q and A on solutions for struggling readers Tuesday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. at Hillside Library. Parents, educators, and professionals are invited to learn about the importance of mental imagery in developing reading, comprehension, and spelling skills. Cara’s discussion will also include some causes and solutions for a range of learning challenges—including those associated with dyslexia and ADHD—as well as how these challenges influence reading and comprehension. She will demonstrate some ways that parents can use imagery to help their children read and comprehend language. This event is geared toward parents of elementary and middle school children; and all parents are invited and encourage to attend, whether or not your child has any learning difference. Please RSVP at email@example.com.
3. Slick Commute: Beware of black ice on roads this morning, says the National Weather Service.
4. Popular on Patch: This article about a CVS robbed in Mount Kisco was the most popular post on Patch yesterday.
5. Start a blog with us! Have some free time and an itch to get your voice out into the community? Starting a blog on Patch is a great way to do so! Use your Patch blog to share opinions, post photos, get the word out about your organization or business. We can't wait to hear from you.