1. Field of improvement: The Irvington Board of Education will hold a special meeting Tuesday, Dec. 10 in the Campus Presentation Room to discuss next steps regarding the district’s athletic fields and facilities. Superintendent Kristopher Harrison will provide a presentation to update the board and public on the scope of work required for East Field, along with possible improvement options for Meszaros Field and district facilities. For more details, click here.
2. Fifth Annual Robert Tucker Lecture Series: In honor of Robert Tucker’s nearly four decades of service to the students of Hastings-on-Hudson, the High School Social Studies Department invites the village and school communities to join them for the fifth annual Robert Tucker Lecture “The C.I.A. and The War on Terror.” It will be presented by Donald P. Gregg, former U.S. Ambassador to Korea, Tuesday Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. in the high school cafeteria. The event is free to the public, and donations will be accepted.
3. More like "Snowtowns": The National Weather Service says snow accumulation is likely in Irvington, Dobbs Ferry and Hastings-on-Hudson on Tuesday. While conditions won’t be as bad as Sunday’s matchup between the Detroit Lions and Philadelphia Eagles, 1 to 3 inches of snowfall is expected.
4. I'll have a Venti Obama, please: Strange Fact: The more Starbucks cafes there are in town, the more likely that county voted Democratic last election.
5. Start a blog with us! Have some free time and an itch to get your voice out into the community? Starting a blog on Patch is a great way to do so! Use your Patch blog to share opinions, post photos, get the word out about your organization or business. We can't wait to hear from you.