1. Timeout called on the fields: The Irvington Board of Education will reschedule its Tuesday, Dec. 10 meeting due to yesterday’s inclement weather. The special meeting was originally set to discuss next steps regarding the district’s athletic fields and facilities. Superintendent Kristopher Harrison plans to provide a presentation to update the board and public on the scope of work required for East Field, along with possible improvement options for Meszaros Field and district facilities. There is no new date set at the moment. For more details, click here.
2. Fire Proposal: The Village of Irvington Board of Trustees will hold a regularly scheduled work session Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. Among items being discussed is the fire department’s proposal to use the county’s Department of Emergency Services for fire call dispatching. For the full agenda, click here.
3. Snow not going anywhere: Yesterday’s fresh coating of snow won’t be melting anytime soon. Today will be most sunny, but temperatures won’t rise above freezing. Grab your coat.
4. Westchester readers checked out this post about a very drunk driver yesterday on Patch.
5. Start a blog with us! Have some free time and an itch to get your voice out into the community? Starting a blog on Patch is a great way to do so! Use your Patch blog to share opinions, post photos, get the word out about your organization or business. We can't wait to hear from you.