1. Irvington Field and Facilities Discussion Continues: A Special Board of Education Work Session to discuss facility and field enhancements will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 7:30 p.m. in the Campus Presentation Room. In the second of a series of meetings, Dr. Harrison will provide the BOE and community with an overview of options for making enhancements to our school buildings with a mind to energy conservation and for the improvement of East Field and Meszaros Field. This meeting will also detail estimated expenses and outline a process for decision making. Additionally, the board and administration will discuss the search process for the employment of the next Assistant Superintendent for Instruction. For a recap of its last meeting, click here.
Also check in with Patch to see if the meeting gets rescheduled due to the expected inclement weather.
2. Kripalu Yoga: This yoga class is held on Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 7:30 a.m. The class is suitable for new and experienced students. It uses gentle rhythmic movement and breath to release physical tension, ease the mind and open the heart. To view their calendar, learn about other classes and workshops and to register online, visit http://www.rivertownyoga.com/ or with questions at (914) 674-0919. Fee: $210 ($189 for seniors 65+).
3. Snow Show: Just incase you missed the last snowstorm, here comes an encore performance. The National Weather Service is predicting 4 to 8 inches of snow between Tuesday morning in Pleasantville and Briarcliff Manor.
4. About those taxes: Readers have really wanted to know when they could start filing their 2013 tax return. It was has been one of the month’s most popular post on Patch.
5. Warm up with a blog: Snowed in and have an itch to get your voice out into the community? Starting a blog on Patch is a great way to do so! Use your Patch blog to share opinions, post photos, get the word out about your organization or business. We can't wait to hear from you.