1. Return of the Main Street School Principal: Dr. Raina Kor, who has served the Irvington school district as Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Human Resources for the past two years, will once again lead the Main Street School when she returns to her prior position of Principal on July 1.
Kor is in her 13th year of service to the school district. She served for five years as Assistant Principal of Irvington Middle School and six years as Principal of Main Street School before the central administrative appointment that began on July 1, 2012.
“These past two years have been an extraordinary experience, but my heart is ultimately with the students and families of Main Street School,” Kor said. “I am a child-centered professional, and with the future of Main Street School resolved, I am excited to return to the environment that allows me to once again work directly with elementary students and families.”
For the full Irvington Schools press release, click here.
2. Did you see it? Hear it? At 4:30 a.m. this morning, the U.S. Air Force flew over lower Westchester and the Hudson River in the Bronx in preparation for Super Bowl XLVIII, officials say. According to an advisory posted by the Village of Port Chester, a pair of F-16s, one Citation 550 aircraft and a helicopter flew at about 5,000 to 7,000 feet for one hour.
3. Tis the season: Today’s forecast calls for highs in the mid-20s, gusty winds, chance of snow: winter continues.
4. Popular on Patch: An article reporting that suspended police Chief Brian Fanelli was suicidal after his arrest for child porn possession, was the most-read Patch post yesterday.
5. Weather Bowl: The NFL is keeping an eye on the weekend weather for us all.