- Westchester Jewish Community Services is hosting its Helping Woman workshop: “That's Not What I Meant to Say! Building Your Communication Skills” today at 9:30 a.m. The workshop will provide tips on communicating, listening, boosting confidence for networking and the interviewing process and communicating more naturally. Westchester Community Services is located at 845 N. Broadway in White Plains. For more information on Women-Helping-Women, contact Director Lenore Rosenbaum, 914-761-0600 x 308 or email@example.com.
- The Westchester County Clerk's Office Mobile Outreach van will park outside the Irvington Public Library on today, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to assist you. If you need a regulation-sized passport photo to submit along with the application, the Clerk's Outreach staff will also help you with that!To learn what you need to apply for a U.S. Passport, call (914) 995-3086 or visit www.westchesterclerk.com
- Today is the last day for the exhibit, "In the Mind's Eye," at the Irvington Public Library. The exhibit, which is in the libraries Martucci Gallery, features silver glycerin photographs and montages created by Irvington resident Renata Rainer. The exhibit will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The library is located at 12 South Astor St. in Irvington.
- The Dobbs Ferry Library is hosting the first of a four-session employment workshop today, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. The workshop leader, Betty Gilmore, LCSW, has extensive management experience in the federal and nonprofit sectors, and has conducted frequent trainings in resume preparation and job search skills.This program is free and open to the public. Attending all four sessions is not required. Register at the front desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy it while it lasts: sunset today is at 5:55 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.