United Water Company expects its water main leak repair work at the intersection of Cedar Street and Broadway in Ardsley and Dobbs Ferry to span from Monday, Jan. 13 to Friday, Jan. 13, according to the Village of Ardsley.
Residents are being asked to note the following conditions on Cedar Street during the work phase:
- The work will take place during the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- In order to keep a safe flow of traffic, Cedar Street will be converted to a one-way street traveling eastbound towards Broadway between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. To access Cedar Street during these hours, vehicles will need to use the side streets from Broadway connecting to Main Street, then onto Cedar Street.
- There will be no parking on the south side of Cedar Street while United Water is working in the street. Parking will resume on both sides of Cedar Street each day when work is stopped after 5 p.m.
- Alternate side of the street parking from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. will remain in effect.
- Bee Line Bus will not run on Livingston Avenue, Main Street and Cedar Street for the duration of this project. Residents utilizing bus services will have to use bus stops on Broadway.
- The school bus stop on Cedar Street will be moved to Main Street at Cedar Street.
The leak was discovered during the course of the water company's current infrastructure improvement project being done on Broadway in front of Stop & Shop. The water company has advised there will be no negative effect during the work phase on water flow to customers on Cedar Street. This leak is due to old water company infrastructure and must be corrected to avoid the risk of a more serious water main break in the future, according to the Village of Ardsley.
If you have any questions, please contact United Water at 914-637-5309 during business hours or 632-6900 after business hours. You may also contact the village by email at email@example.com or 914-231-8502 with any questions or concerns.