It's almost the weekend! Here is our weekend planner, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing happening this weekend in the Hudson Valley.
Did we leave your event out? Create an event in our calendar and post the link the comments section below.
Dickens Reads Dickens at Lyndhurst
- When/Where: Friday, Dec. 28 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 29, Sunday, Dec. 30; Lyndhurst, 635 S Broadway in Tarrytown
- Why go: Watch actor Michael Muldoon perform as Charles Dickens reading his own tale “A Christmas Carol,” as patrons walk throughout Lyndhurst mansion meeting different spirits and characters.
- Price: $40, click here for details
Learn the Nia Dance Technique for Fitness
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 29 at 9 a.m.; Pilates & More, 129 Main St. in Dobbs Ferry
- Why go: Learn this mindful joyful sensory-based dance that incorporates martial, dance and healing arts. This form of dance allows peoples of all shapes and sizes to connect, mind, body, emotions and spirit. Click here for more information.
- Price: First time drop in $15, after that $25; Six session package $135
Studio Oil Painting Class
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 29 at 10 a.m.; 145 Palisade St. in Dobbs Ferry
- Why go: Learn the skill of oil painting in an intimate monthly class that is open to adults of all skill levels taught by Geoffrey Barbey.
- Price: $150 monthly tuition, call (914) 714-4523 to sign up and click here for more information
Burke Holds Food & Coat Drive
- When/Where: Through the end of December; Burke Rehabilitation Center, 785 Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains
- Why go: Help the Burke Rehabilitation Center and its partners the Food Bank for Westchester and NY Cares provide needy New Yorkers with non-perishable foods and coats. Click here for a list of items to donate and for more information. Items can be dropped off through the end of the month at the lobby of the Wood Pavillion on the Burke Rehabilitation Center campus.
The Who’s “Tommy”
- When/Where: December 27 through December 30 (click here for showtimes and a full set of dates); White Plains Performing Arts Center, 11 City Pl. in White Plains
- Why go: Rock out to this musical by Pete Townshend and Des McAnuff based on The Who’s 1969 rock opera “Tommy.”
- Price: $30, click here for details