Hastings Library 2012 Giftique
- When/Where: Saturday, December 15 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Hastings Public Library, 7 Maple Ave.
- Why go: Get your stocking stuffers at this event, where they’ll be hand knitted hats, baked goods, holiday book, 2012 Library note cards, Ed Young prints and other gifts and crafts. The drawing for the Hungry Readers Raffle for gift certificates to all local food establishments in Hastings will be held at 4 p.m.
- Pricing: Free admission
Breakfast with Santa in Dobbs Ferry
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 15 at 9 a.m.; Embassy Community Center, 60 Palisades St. in Dobbs Ferry
- Why: Bring the little ones for breakfast and to meet Santa Claus. This program is for children in pre-kindergarten through third grade.
- Price: $5 per child
Breakfast with Santa in Hastings
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 15 at 10 a.m.; James Harmon Community Center, 44 Main St. in Hastings-on-Hudson
- Why: Break bread with Santa Claus over the first meal of the day during the recreation’s center’s holiday celebration, which includes refreshments, music and arts and crafts. Children can also get their picture taken with Santa and his elves.
- Free: Space is limited, registration is required. Register here or at the community center, or call Lisa O’Reilly at (914) 478-2380 ext. 642 or email@example.com. An adult MUST accompany children.
Reading of “A Christmas Carol” by Frank Connolly
- When/Where: Saturday, Dec. 15 at 2 p.m.; Irvington Public Library, 12 South Astor St.
- Why: Watch the Larchmont library and Irvington resident dress up as Charles Dickens and read from the holiday classic. The program s open to adults, teens and children.
- Price: Free
Kol Rinah Chorale's Chanukah Concert
- Where/When: Rosenthal Jewish Community Center of Northern Westchester on Sunday, Dec. 16 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- Why go: Enjoy a Chanukah-themed concert featuring music from around the world, conducted by Ben Gruder and accompanied by Connie Prener. Refreshments will be served.
- Pricing: $17
Breakfast with Frosty
- Where/When: Pleasantville Middle School on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 10 a.m.
- Why go: Kids ages two through eight are invited to enjoy breakfast with Frosty the Snowman and live music by Patti Hupp. Space is limited. RSVP by calling 769-7950.
- Pricing: $20
Pleasantville Farmers' Market
- Where/When: Memorial Plaza in Pleasantville on Saturday, Dec. 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Why go: It's the final day of the outdoor farmers' market—so stop by if you want to stock up on fresh, seasonal produce and prepared foods from your favorite vendors. The new indoor farmers' market will debut on January 5 at Pleasantville Middle School.
- Pricing: Free to browse
NEXT Charity Concert
- Where/When: Captain Lawrence Brewery (444 Saw Mill River Rd. Elmsford) on Thursday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m.
- Why go: Check out a set mixing rock, reggae and surf by Deadbeat Darlings at this month's NEXT Charity Concert in Elmsford while enjoying some of the Westchester brewery's beer. Proceeds from this month's concert will benefit the Pleasantville High School Edible Garden. Doors open at 7 p.m., music begins at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance here.
- Pricing: $10
It's a Wonderful Life Screening
- Where/When: Jacob Burns Film Center on Saturday, Dec. 15 and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 12 p.m.
- Why go: JBFC is continuing its “Movies for Kids (and their Families)” series with a screening of the 1946 holiday classic this weekend. Read a recent Patch interview with the actress who portrays Ruth Dakin Bailey in the film here.
- Pricing: $11 adult nonmembers, $6 adult members, $6.50 children
WeeZee World Holiday Party
- Where/When: WeeZee World (480 Bedford Rd. Chappaqua) on Friday, Dec. 14 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Why go: Check out WeeZee World's sensory playground on Friday with some holiday-themed touches, including photos with Santa Claus, crafts and a scavenger hunt. Donations will be accepted for Sensory Bullets.
- Pricing: $10 minimum donation