- Hastings Friday Night Live, an arts and music festival, will take place Oct. 17 throughout the downtown area from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Check here for more information.
- The White Plains Performing Arts Center is showing of the play THE 39 STEPS through Sunday, Oct. 27. The play adapted , by Patrick Barlow from the novel by John Buchan, is based on the movie of Alfred Hitchcock with an original concept by Nobby Dimon and Simon Corble. Tickets cost $25 for students in high school and younger and $37.50 for adults. To order tickets call (914)328-1600 or online at www.wppac.com. Friday and Saturday's shows begins at 8 p.m. and Sunday's shows starts at 2 p.m.
- Spooktoberfest takes place 1 p.m. Saturday in Hartsdale. The family halloween event will feature "Pirate School", America's family pirate show; along with musicians, jugglers, clown magic, and musical entertainment. New this year is the Greenburgh Nature Center Petting Zoo and more food vendors. Inflatable rides, professional face painting, crafts to make and hayrides. Held rain or shine. Buy tickets at event. $5/person, children under 2 are free. Park at Ridge Rd Park on Ridge Rd. Directions onwww.greenburghny.com/parks. For more info. email email@example.com.
- The New York School for the Deaf, located at 555 Knollwood Rd. in White Plains, is hosting its "Fanwood's Halloween Spooktacular" from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday. The fundraising event will feature Halloween events for children of all ages, including Crafts, games, bounce castle, costumes and more. The event costs $5 per person, but is free for all Fanwood students.
- The India Center is presenting "Parampara: An Evening of Indian Classical Music and Dance" Saturday at 6.30 p.m. inside the Irvington Town Hall Theater, located at 85 Main St, Irvington, NY 10533. Tickets are available both at the India Center (914-418-5775) and also at Irvington Town Hall Theater Box Office.
- The New Westchester Symphony Orchestra is presenting its fall concert Sunday at 3 p.m. inside the White Plains Presbyterian Church, 39 North Broadway in White Plains. The program which includes: Beethoven Symphony No. 5, Mov't 1; Dvorak Slovanic Dance Op. 72 No. 8; Elgar Enigma Variations VIII & IX; Puccini O Mio Babbino & Nessun Dorma and Handel Hallelujah - sing-along. Tickets, cost $10 for general admission and $15 for stage seating, can be purchased http://newsymphony.org/concerts.html. Call (914) 260-1811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- "This is NOT a Musical: A Musical Jewish Puppet Show" is scheduled to take place Sunday from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. at the Greenburgh Hebrew Center, located at 515 Broadway in Dobbs Ferry. This interactive, musical puppet comedy and made-up Jewish
folktale that takes place in the town of Hava Nagila, where music has been outlawed and the puppet citizens need your help to bring music back. Learn original “niggunim” (folk ditties) and get singing! A riotous afternoon of family fun with A Yellow Sneaker Production's Ora Fruchter. The event costs $10 per child, with a $25 max per family. Children under 2 are free. The program includes a pizza lunch and puppet-making workshop. Registration is requested by Oct. 17 by calling (914) 693-4260 or emailing email@example.com
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something