A three-course, "Early Eater" prix-fixed dinner menu, available Tuesday through Thursday, has been announced by The Cookery in Dobbs Ferry. "We decided to offer the Early Eater dinner menu because we now open at four 'o clock on these days," said chef and founder David DiBari.
Priced at $28.95 per person plus tax and gratuity, the menu offers choices of five appetizers, five main courses and three desserts. The Early Eater menu is available from 4 to 5:30 p.m., beginning on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012.
"This menu should appeal to customers that would like to come early and avoid the crowds," said DiBari. "Also, it gives them another seating option as it can be tough to get a table."
The menu includes the restaurant's two best-selling dishes: Ossobuco (also spelled osso buco) and cauliflower ravioli and its new dessert, "Almond Joy" panna cotta.
The $28.95 prix-fixe menu follows:
- Crostino of fresh ricotta, truffle honey and thyme
- Buttery salty potatoes with parmigiano and Slovenian fleur de sel
- Marinated cabbage salad with honey crisp apples, treviso and aged goat cheese
- Mozzarella made daily, olio novella and grilled Tuscan bread
- Market soup
- Cauliflower ravioli, lemon brown butter, garlic, toasted bread crumbs and parmigiano (a customer favorite)
- Rigatoni with butternut squash, caramelized onions, sage and smoked ricotta
- Grilled filet of seabass with beluga lentils, pickled celery and olive gremolata
- Crisp Heritage pork ossobuco, creamy white polenta and apple mustard (a customer favorite)
- Campanelli’s chicken “al mattone” with barlotti beans, cabbage and cipollini
- Warm chocolate polenta with pretzels, Slovenian fleur de sel and caramel
- “Almond Joy” panna cotta with shaved coconut, chocolate and toasted almonds (new dessert)
- A jar of pumpkin cream pie with broken salty chocolate crust and whipped cream
Reservations are accepted for Early Eater dining—beginning with the opening night, Dec. 26, 2012. The $28.95 price includes coffee but other beverages are extra. The restaurant will try to accommodate people with food allergies.
The new hours of operation for the restaurant are:
• Tuesday through Thursday. 4 to 10 p.m. Early Eaters deadline on these days is 5:30 p.m.
• Friday and Saturday. 5 to 11 p.m.
• Sunday. 5 to 10 p.m.
• Monday. Closed
• Saturday and Sunday. 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Cookery is located at 39 Chestnut Street in Dobbs Ferry. 914-305-2336. www.thecookeryrestaurant.com.