A three-course, prix-fixe dinner featuring Indian specialties will be served at Chutney Masala in Irvington on Valentine’s Day, Thursday, Feb. 14. Guests will receive a choice of a complimentary glass of sparkling or house wine.
The selections include “Chicken 65,” as an appetizer and Indian entrées made with chicken, lamb chops, shrimp and lobster; vegetarian main choices are also offered and the regular menu will be available as well. Meat, fish, vegetables and bread are cooked in the restaurant's Tandoor clay oven.
The choices available on Valentine's Day are:
- “Chicken 65.” Tangy Hyderabadi diced chicken (the dish's name does not reflect the number of ingredients used to prepare it. Hyderabadi is an Indian city whose cuisine is known for its spicy dishes)
- Lamb sliders with mint ailoi
- Gobi Manchurian. Cauliflor florets in a ginger soy sauce
- Spicy Chettinad crab cakes
- Chicken Tikka Masala. Chicken braised in fenugreek scented tomato cream sauce
- Murgh Hariyali Tikka. Roasted, minty marinated supremes of chicken
- Adraki Chaamp. Lamb chops with homestyle potatoes
- Goan Shrimp. Tangy and piquant shrimp curry from coastal region of Goa
- Lobster Moille. Lobster tail chunks with a coconut and yogurt sauce
- Dhingri Palak. Sauteed mushrooms with seasoned and tempered pureed spinach
- Kadhai Paneer. Turmeric infused homemade cheese chunks with peppers onions and tomatoes
- Mango mousse with berries and strawberry coulis sauce
- Chocolate Dynamite. Layered chocolate cake
- Cassata ice cream
- Coconut sorbet
The cost for the prix-fixe meal is $35 per person plus tax and tip.
Chef Navjot Arora and his wife Anu are residents of Dobbs Ferry. The chef was selected by the James Beard Foundation to cook as guest chef for a program in March, 2009 that honored the Spring Festival of Color, a holiday in India.
The restaurant occupies a 150-year-old building that was once the storage warehouse for a lumber company.
Chutney Masala Indian Bistro is open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. It is located at 4 West Main Street in Irvington, New York. 914-591-5500. www.chutneymasala.com.