A three-course, prix-fixe dinner featuring entrees from fish stew to prime New York strip steak and a multi-dessert taster will be served at Red Hat on the River in Irvington on Valentine’s Day, Thursday, Feb. 14. The first seating takes place at 4:30 p.m. and the sunset at 5:30 p.m.
Cappuccino, espresso, coffee or tea is included in the cost of $70 per person (gratuity and tax are additional).
Cioppino (the fish stew) combines clams, mussels, cod, shrimp and scallops in a tomato-fennel-white wine broth. The prime strip steak is accompanied by roasted Brussels sprouts and Red Hat fries.
The choices available on Valentine's Day include:
- Carrot veloute, five spice oil, creme fraiche
- Sake poached wild mushroom salad
- Handmade sheep's milk ricotta gnocchi
- Seared ultra-rare Ahi tuna with roasted eggplant caponata
- Burrata and beets
- Cioppino (fish stew)
- Sauteed Block Island fluke with grapes, verts and potato puree
- Pan-roasted, free-range organic farm chicken with potatoes and Brussels sprouts
- Duck confit and lentils (two salt-cured duck legs) with poached pear and arugula
- Maple roasted squash, sautéed spinach and Farro salad
- Grilled prime aged New York strip with Brussels sprouts, fries, red wine bordelaise, béarnaise sauce or chimichurri vinaigrette.
Dessert tasting includes
- Chocolate ganache cake
- Key lime pie
- Blood orange sorbetto
Special Valentine's Day beverages
- Strawberry Sangria. Strawberry puree, vodka, fresh-squeezed citrus juices and red wine ($12)
- A Sparkling French Rosé. Antech "Emotion" Vremant de Limoux Rosé ($12)
Red Hat on the River is located at 1 Bridge Street in Irvington. Winter hours are: lunch Monday through Friday (noon to 3 p.m.); dinner Monday through Thursday (5 to 9:30 p.m.), Friday and Saturday (5 to 10:30 p.m.). On Sunday, the hours are noon to 8 p.m. All end times represent the last seating time. 914-591-5888, press "0" for reservations. www.redhatbistro.com.