Don’t be left in the dark when it comes to local happenings. Let us make it super easy for you to get all the information you need in one place—so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Arm yourself with knowledge!
Here's a glimpse into what’s happening this week in the Rivertowns:
Monday, Sept. 3
- Today is Labor Day, which commemorates the labor movement—where workers organized to fight for fair wages, reasonable hours, safe working conditions, and end child labor—and the social and economic achievement of workers and their contribution to the country. Click here to learn more about the history of Labor Day and here for more on the labor movement.
- All village offices are closed in Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-on-Hudson, and Irvington.
- There will be no garbage pick-up in Hastings-on-Hudson or Irvington. In Hastings-on-Hudson Monday pick-up will be on Tuesday, Sept. 4 and Tuesday pick-up will be on Wednesday, Sept. 5. Garage will be collected on Tuesday, Sept. 4 in Dobbs Ferry.
- In Hastings-on-Hudson the Chemka Pool will be open (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.), while the James Harmon Community Center and Hastings-on-Hudson Public Library will be closed. Labor Day is a meter holiday in Hastings-on-Hudson.
- The Dobbs Ferry 5K Run starts at Mercy College at 9 a.m. Prizes will be awarded in various age categories, while 100 participants will receive t-shirts. Registration is $20 on the day of the race.
Tuesday, Sept. 4
- The Hastings-on-Hudson Board of Trustees will meet at 7:30 p.m. at village hall, 7 Maple Ave. Click on the PDF for the agenda.
- Dobbs Ferry Union Free School District and Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District students start school.
- It’s Back-to-School night at Dobbs Ferry Middle School at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
- Irvington Union Free School District students start school.
- The Irvington Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. at village hall, 85 Main St. Click here for the agenda.
- The Irvington Farmers Market will take place between 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. behind , 101 Main St. Click here for more information.
Thursday, Sept. 6
- The Dobbs Ferry Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. at village hall, 112 Main St.
- The Dobbs Ferry Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. in the middle/high school library.
- It’s Back-to-School Night at Dobbs Ferry High School at 7 p.m.
Friday, Sept 7
- The Dobbs Ferry Farmers Market will be held at the corner of Cedar Street and Main Street between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Click here for more information.
- It’s Friday Night Live, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., in downtown Hastings-on-Hudson.
Take any good photos of the river lately? Upload them here then email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will feature them in an upcoming addition of "A Week in the Rivertowns."