Events in our area have been either cancelled or postponed because of the storm that's expected to hit our area.
If you have an event that's been cancelled or postponed and it's not on the list, add it in the comments section below.
Westchester County: Because of the threat of inclement weather, the regular meeting of the Westchester County Board of Legislators (BOL) scheduled for Oct. 29 has been changed from 7 PM to 11 AM.
Westchester County: The scheduled celebration of Italian Heritage Month planned for Monday evening before the BOL meeting has been postponed. A new date for the celebration has not been decided yet.
-Westchester County: The veterans town hall scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 30 is cancelled. It will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Port Chester: With Hurricane Sandy threatening our area, Port Chester has decided to re-schedule its Halloween in the Park party set for Monday. It's now set for Tuesday, but that's depending up on the course and impact of the storm and may change again.
The village says the parade on costume contest has been moved to the rain date, Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Lyon Park at 5:30 p.m. However, because of the uncertainty of the storm, the Port Chester Recreation Departmentsays to watch for updates on Monday in case the weather is an issue on Tuesday.
- Bronxville: The Board of Education has postponed the Workshop scheduled for Monday, Oc.t 29th. The building will be shut down for storm preparations and protection. The Board will provide more information about re-scheduling the workshop at its Nov. 15 regular meeting.
- Scarsdale: Special Board of Education Meeting on Monday, Oct. 29 is cancelled.
- Scarsdale: Scarsdale School District's event, "An Evening with Tony Wagner," set for Monday, October 29 at 7:30 p.m., at Scarsdale High School is cancelled.
- Orangeburg: - Dominican College has postoned its Tuesday, Oct. 30, Palisades Institute event – “The Rockland Business Economy … Where Are We Headed.” The event will be re-scheduled.
- Nyack: The annual Spook House event on Halloween at the Nyack Fire Department's Empire Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1, 330 North Broadway, Upper Nyack, has been indefinitely postponed.
- Larchmont: Groove Performing Arts in Larchmont is closed Monday, Oct. 29. A makeup day is scheduled for Monday, Dec. 17.