The trustees are considering $4.98 million in renovations and improvements to the district's buildings and fields.
Among the projects considered most essential:
- Replacing MSS gym roofs
- Upgrading the 1950s era HVAC system at Dows Lane
- Moving the district offices out of the 1997 trailers
- Renovate the "Dust Bowl" at IMS
District officials summarized 5 recommendations from the Fields Projects Committee:
- Preservation of East Field as natural grass.
- Establishment of an artificial surface at Meszaros Field, with use of an organic infill.
- A recommendation against the installation of lights at Meszaros Field, though support for the installation of electrical conduit during construction.
- Replacement of Oley Track within the existing footprint.
- A host of smaller recommendations for equipment and future maintenance.
View the full Fields Committee report here.
Read the full facilities report here.
Editor's Note: The meeting is March 20 - Thursday. The day of the week was incorrect in the original version of this report. Patch regrets the error.