Don’t be left in the dark when it comes to local happenings.
Let us make it super easy for you to get all the information you need in one place—so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and check out the events calendar to make sure you don't miss a thing. Arm yourself with knowledge!
Here are some things to keep in mind this week:
1. It's already back-to-school time in the Rivertowns! Be sure to share your child's proud moments heading to school for the first time (or even the last time!) with Patch! Email photos to email@example.com. And be sure to keep the community updated with school news all year by starting a Patch blog—it's easy! Find directions and examples here.
2. The Village of Hastings plans to schedule two public hearings at its Tuesday meeting—one for the Saw Mill Lofts proposal, and a second for the proposed Green Building Code. The evening's full agenda can be found here.
3. The Ardsley Garden Club is hosting an open house Tuesday at 11 a.m. at St. Barnabus Episcopal Church (Revolutionary Road). Anyone interested in gardening, flower arranging or just helping to beautify the village is welcome to stop by. Attendance is free.
4. The Hastings-on-Hudson Public Library is switching over to its winter hours, beginning Tuesday. That means the community building is open from 9:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday; and 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
5. If you missed CORNucopia at Philipsburg Manor over the weekend, here's something Patch Editor Krista Madsen took away from the new event—a corn salad recipe. Check out the simple idea here.